Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!


I should have written this long ago, but somehow life got in the way. I hope this reaches you in good health and happiness as we begin a fresh new year. It’s hard to believe 2014 flew by like it did. So much happened! In addition to teaching preschool through Second grade music, my “Special People” who are the most amazing humans anyone could ever know, I started an adventure in nonprofit management. I’ve completed 5 out of 7 classes for the certificate and am pondering taking my career in a new direction when I finish in April. The type A personality in me enjoys the challenge of management and putting forth new ideas to make things better. So many possibilities are out there! I never knew so many wonderful ways existed to make my mark on the world.

Of course, I’ve been singing in PWC, which in fact, inspired me to look into nonprofit management. All of my volunteer work there has made me realize I can make a career out of what I do for “fun”.  Time shall tell if this dream comes true. Speaking of dreams, the PWC will travel to Argentina in August! I’m so lucky to have been afforded these opportunities with my beloved chorus. Never did I think I’d see so much of the world in this wonderful way.

In between teaching and singing, I’ve spent time with the best people in the world—my friends. They are a wacky, quirky, amazingly understanding and supportive group of people. I am lucky to know all of them. They love me anyway. And that’s no small thing. I fly off the handle, I have my meltdowns, I have my opinions about everything, I have my crazy purple pie-in-the-sky dreams, and still they stick by me. They celebrate with me when I’m happy, and they pick up the pieces when things shatter. I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends.

My family is the same way. I’m fortunate.

I wish you all a year filled with happiness, health, and everything that makes you happy.
I hope you find adventure and things you never knew you never knew.


No comments:

Post a Comment