Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Hold fast to dreams and to those you love

Life can be quite unfair at times. On Friday, January 9, my beautiful stepsister lost her husband of 24 years to a massive heart attack. He was home alone and found sitting in his favorite chair just as if he'd been resting for a moment. Such a shock to all. I cannot believe he's gone. It seems so surreal. I apologize for the randomness of this entry, but I cannot seem to wrap my thoughts in a nice neat package in order to explain the emptiness I feel. I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose the one you love without warning, without notice, without any chance to say goodbye. My heart aches for my sister and her 3 young daughters who will never see their father again. Such a tragedy. Hold on to the ones you love. Hold them tight and say everything you need to say. Say it now because you never know when it will be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment